As a wellness resort, your personal health and wellness is always a top priority for us. Our guests and staff are the heart of The Springs Resort & Spa, and we’re grateful to be your first choice for relaxation, wellness retreats, healthy vacations and stay-cations. As such, we want to take a minute and share with you some valuable information about The Springs Resort & Spa, and what we are currently doing to support your health and wellness.
The Springs Resort & Spa is nestled along the bank of the beautiful San Juan River, set in a small mountain town nearly surrounded by national forest. The area provides a wonderful escape from crowded cities and towns, allowing locals and guests ample opportunity to soak in nature’s therapeutic qualities while enjoying sunshine, clean air and natural mineral water of the hot spring pools.
- Contrast Bathing – The word SPA is said to have derived from the Latin solus per aqua, or “health by water,” and for centuries cultures around the world have practiced “contrast bathing” – hot or warm soaks or steams followed by immersion in cold water or cold air. The cool water of the San Juan River and the chilly mountain air make for wonderful contrast bathing between The Springs' warm therapeutic mineral pools in any season.
- Sunshine – Pagosa Springs averages 287 sunny days a year -- combined with sunshine-made vitamin D’s ability to fortify the immune system -- combine to make The Springs a perfect destination for now. When ultraviolet B (UVB) rays from the sun hit cholesterol within skin cells, they provide energy for vitamin D synthesis. So, grab a lounge chair on a sunny day and relax … or make sure your soak includes at least a little time in the sun!
- Earthing – Did you know that walking on the earth or in a forest or sitting in hot spring mineral water may help realign the body's electrical energy by reconnecting it to the earth’s electrical energy? When you connect with the earth – soaking in our tubs, walking along the San Juan River, or taking a hike – you may be reducing free radicals and preventing or providing relief for inflammation-related health disorders … such as asthma, arthritis, allergies and more.
- Staying Hydrated – Hotel guests who check into The Springs are given a complimentary water bottle. One of the easiest ways to help ward off viral illnesses is to fill your blue bottle throughout the day during your visit so you can drink plenty of water. Water helps to flush bacteria and toxins from the body, which helps fight infection, disease, and strengthen the immune system.
- Aromatherapy – Book P-ah-gosa Spa’s signature Blanco Basin Scent-Sation Massage using customized aromatherapy oils said to help relieve stress and support a healthy immune system. Diffusing pure essential oils in a contained space has been found to kill airborne viruses and bacteria. Blends for boosting the immune system can include lemon, eucalyptus, clove, peppermint, cinnamon, rosemary, oregano, lime, cypress.
- Soaking in the Waters – The therapeutic and rejuvenating waters in these pools – which are the only soaking pools in Pagosa Springs to receive water directly from the naturally occurring, record holding Mother Spring – contain 13 different nutrient-rich minerals, including lithium, potassium, iron and manganese. This unique mineral composition is said to have many health benefits such as: ridding the body of toxins, reducing blood pressure, improving digestion, building musculo-skeletal health and boosting brain activity and the immune system!
*IMPORTANT – We are not medical professionals and no information contained herein should be construed as medical advice. Consult your physician to determine if any of these wellness activities may result in health benefits or improvements for you personally.